Animation workshop facilitated by the Managing Director of Parables Animation Studios (PAS), Cycil Jones Abban at the maiden edition of On Y Va's Youth Development and Bilingualism Workshop in collaboration with the French Embassy, at the GECC auditorium in GIMPA in Accra on Saturday, December 10. THEME: ‘Real World Skill Exploration – Exploring Self-Employment Options’. After the workshop, there was a short interaction. The participants were given the platform to ask questions and participants were as well given the chance to share their opinions.
Key speakers at the seminar/workshop...
- V. T. Albert Tetteh Amafu, Founder & CEO of PAL Foundation Ghana, Verbal Transformers and National Core Subjects Quiz and Project Director at PAS. Albert touched on how the youth can support their potentials with education. He made mention of the fact that your talents can take you far but, being educated will make you stay relevant with your talent for a long time.
- Kwasi Amofa Agyemang (lawyer for over 20 years and has his own law firm, KAA LAW)
- H.E Fidelia Graand-Galon also gave a speech to inspire the youth. Speaking in her local language, she encouraged the youth not to let anything prevent them from reaching their full potentials, while citing herself as an example, for instance, the first woman from her village to become a diplomat.
- Van Vicker. He touched on self-employment opportunities in the creative arts industry and shared his experiences on how he broke through despite so many failed attempts. He also emphasized on how important and helpful being able to speak French.
- The French Embassy was represented by Julien Lecas, Head of Cooperation, Lou Alma, Language Policy Officer, and Mrs. Sandra Larbi, Project Assistant. The Embassy of Suriname was represented by H.E Fidelia Graand-Galon, the Ambassador of Suriname to Ghana. France Volontaires was represented by Telngar Rassemeye and Justine Gegout.
Over 200 persons in attendance. Media partners were Mx24 TV Exclusive hype TV and 3news